It’s normal for running water to occasionally take a bit of time to heat up to the desired temperature. But when you keep waiting and waiting and the water still isn’t hot enough to take a shower or wash the dishes, then you probably have an issue on your hands. This is also a problem because you end up wasting a lot of water while waiting for it to heat up, costing you money. You may think this is a problem with the water heater, but there are actually several possible reasons your water takes a long time to heat up.
Once you’ve tried other alternatives, you’ll want to hand over the job to an expert in plumbing repair in Coweta County, GA. Read on to find out what the source of the hot water problem could be:
- Volume restrictions: A low volume restrictor installed on a shower or faucet could be causing a delay in the water delivery. If this isn’t meeting your needs, you should talk to a plumber about removing it.
- Water heater problems: Water heaters typically have a shelf life of about 10 years. After this time, they will likely become less effective or may stop heating water altogether. An expert plumber can evaluate the state of your water heater and determine whether repair or replacement may be necessary.
- Sediment in the water heater: Water heaters need regular maintenance. One of the leading problems is sediment—the result of dissolved minerals settling in the bottom of the tank—which can pile up and displace the hot water. This means you have less hot water available and that it will take longer during refills. A plumber can help you out with this by simply flushing the sediment out of the water heater and restoring it to its full usefulness.
- Distance: The water needs to travel from the water heater to the faucet or shower. If you have a new part of a home and the water tends to take longer to heat up there, the extra distance is probably responsible.
- Other steps: If these steps aren’t effective, then there are other ways to get hot water faster. You can use a hot water recirculation system or a tankless water heater to deliver hot water more quickly. Talk to a plumbing expert about the benefits of installing one of these systems.
Do you need plumbing repair in Coweta County, GA? Then you’ve come to the right place! For fast, friendly and reliable plumbing, choose Victor Moody Plumbing Inc. We provide complete residential and commercial plumbing services, including backflow testing and repair, drain line cleaning, water heater repair and installation, water service re-piping, general plumbing repairs and more.
For more than 25 years, we have been a family owned and operated plumbing company serving Moreland and the surrounding areas. Don’t go it alone—bring in the professionals to get the job done right the first time. Contact us 24/7 for emergency service and to receive a free estimate on your plumbing repair!
Categorised in: Plumber