For the most part, your drains do the job of taking liquids and waste from inside your home and leading them out to your septic tank or the city sewer system. But that doesn’t mean it’s a perfect system—you may have blockages every now and then that necessitate the help of a pro to eliminate. Keep reading to learn a few of the signs that it’s time to call a pro for drain cleaning in Coweta County, GA:
- Backed-up drains: As the title suggests, the first sign that your drains need cleaning is if they’re backed up. As soon as the water that was supposed to go down the drain comes right back up, call someone to come out and clear your drains. This problem won’t go away on its own, and it’ll just get worse as time goes on.
- Slow draining: If your bathtubs or sinks are slow to drain or if there’s any water left over in your washing machine after a cycle, you probably have a clog somewhere in your plumbing system. Do yourself a favor and call someone to fix this issue as soon as possible! Again, the problem will only get worse the longer you wait to address it.
- Bad odors: A nasty smell coming from your sink is rarely a good sign. A dirty or clogged drain will smell like something is rotting below the drain. Instead of covering your nose and pretending the smell doesn’t exist, call a plumber to clean out your drain.
- Pests: It’s never a good sign to see fruit flies or drain flies in the house. These annoying bugs are attracted to the nasty smells coming from a backed-up drain. It’s not a bad idea to call a plumber when you start seeing fruit flies, and it’s also a sign that you need to clean up your kitchen!
- Overflowing toilets: If your toilet overflows frequently, you may want to consider calling a professional. Overflows can be caused by a clog somewhere in the plumbing system that can only be addressed by professional drain cleaning. Even if there’s not a problem that can be solved with drain cleaning, you shouldn’t have to live with a toilet that constantly overflows!
Can I clean my drains by myself?
Many DIY-ers might be tempted to tackle drain cleaning in Coweta County, GA by themselves. While that’s a possibility, we don’t recommend it. Drain cleaning products you find at the store might eliminate blockages, but they’ll also do damage to your pipes. These liquid cleaners are incredibly caustic, and will eat away at the metal or plastic pipe. And if your home has a septic tank, definitely stay away from these liquid cleaners. They’ll wreak absolute havoc on your whole septic system.
Whether you have an abundance of fruit flies hovering around your drain or your drain is slow to empty, be sure to call the team at Victor Moody Plumbing Inc. for drain cleaning in Coweta County, GA! We’ll send someone out right away to clean your drains and ensure they’re working they way they’re supposed to.
Categorised in: Drain Cleaning