Hiring a plumber to clean your drains is one of the best ways to prevent clogged drains in Coweta County, GA and avoid a wide range of other plumbing issues. However, most of our customers don’t know how often they need to schedule this service.
We recommend calling a plumber at least once a year to clean your drains, but that timetable may change based on a few different factors. Continue reading to learn a few signs that it’s time to hire a drain cleaning team:
- Slow drainage: Massive clogs don’t just spring up out of the blue. Instead, they often start small and cause your drains to empty slower and slower as more material builds up in the pipes. As soon as you notice your drains emptying slower than usual, it’s a good idea to call a plumber to clean them out.
- Awful odors: Nasty smells coming from a sink, tub or toilet are never a good sign—it often means there’s a clog somewhere nearby. If multiple fixtures throughout the house are producing a bad smell, there’s likely a deeper problem within the sewer system that must be addressed as soon as possible.
- Frequent clogs: A clog every now and then certainly isn’t ideal, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you should hire a drain cleaning service in Coweta County, GA. However, if you’re always dealing with clogs somewhere in the house, you’ve got a problem on your hands. Luckily, professional drain cleaning should be able to fix the issue.
- Multiple clogged drains: Just like bad smells throughout the house, multiple clogged drains indicate there’s a clog deep within the sewer or septic system. Don’t attempt to clear these clogs by yourself, because that won’t help! A professional will need to inspect your plumbing system and perform thorough drain cleaning to set the issue straight.
- Gurgling sounds: A tiny gurgling sound coming from a drain or toilet might not seem like a big deal. Unfortunately, it often indicates air trapped somewhere in your plumbing system, and likely a clog. You may be able to reach the clog with a drain snake from the home improvement store, but your best bet is to hire a pro for drain cleaning.
How to protect your drains
The good news is that preventing clogged drains in Coweta County, GA is fairly simple. The top way to prevent plumbing problems is to avoid dumping grease, coffee grounds and solid foods down the kitchen sink. Purchasing a drain screen is a good way to prevent any solids from accidentally slipping down the drain and causing a clog.
You’ll also need to watch what gets flushed down the toilet. Our plumbing systems are only equipped to handle human waste and toilet paper. Even if the product says it’s flushable, toss it in the trash instead of in the toilet.
Now is the time to clean your drains!
Even if you haven’t experienced any of the problems mentioned above, now’s a great time to hire a drain cleaning service in Coweta County, GA. Call Moody & McClendon Plumbing Inc. today to set up an appointment for drain cleaning or to learn more about all of our plumbing services.
Categorised in: Drain Cleaning